Case Studies for Effective Leadership
In this very unique and highly interactive program…
Leaders break into groups, and then are assigned 1 of 5 tough case studies. These case studies are based on our real life experiences. We then ask each group to discuss and solve them and then report out their solutions as a group.
- To learn real leadership skills by considering 5 real-life management scenarios with employees
- To discuss these as a group and, in doing so, learn new skills and perspectives about leadership
Each case study covers tough subjects which require the art and science of leadership. There are many grey areas for people to discuss. Each case study has 3-4 different situations which group solve as they read through them.
The topics for the case studies are as follows:
- The prima donna employee who doesn’t follow rules
- A dress code issue that is out of control
- An employee with a bad temper
- An employee with a hygiene problem
- Two employees who constant fight with each other
After each group is done they report out how they would handle the case study theta they were assigned.
We then ask other group to weigh in how they would handle it. They learn a great deal by debating the issues. We then cover the key lessons that can be learned from each case study.
We wrap of the session with asking each person to create a comprehensive action plan on how they are going to apply what they have learned.
- Option #1: One half day program